Our Knowledge Centre combines multipe offerings with a single purpose: to help you develop your training, people and organisation.
Keep an eye here for a full listing of events planned for members throughout the year
Sharpen your skills, boost your knowledge, advance your career
As a member of the Irish institute of Training & Development, you can avail og a huge range of benefits.
Our Panel of Mentors consists of experienced professionals who will assist those who can benefit from individual guidance for a defined period.
Diploma in Learning & Development Practice
The role of the Learning & Development professional is constantly evolving and your organisation and trainees have different and higher expectations of what you will provide for them. There has been an accelerated pace of change both in terms of subject matter expertise and pedagogical application in this area resulting in a heightened need to engage in continuous professional development. This programme will enable you to build on your existing knowledge of Training & Development to ensure that your training strategies and interventions continue to be innovative and challenging.
Founded in theory and focused on practice and application, the Diploma in Learning & Development Practice is a unique offering that covers the entire process of delivering training, including assessment, preparation, creating a positive learning environment, facilitating learning, and evaluating learning. It will also provide a comprehensive understanding of Establishing and Running an Effective Organisational Coaching System, and IT/Social Media in Training.
Who Should Undertake the Programme?
The Diploma in Learning & Development Practice is aimed at:
• Individuals who have an interest in training and development and may wish to pursue it as a career.
• Individuals who hold training and development responsibilities in organisations.
• Individuals and teams involved in the design and delivery of training programmes.
• Consultants who wish to gain formal qualifications in training and development.
• Managers and team leaders who wish to gain an insight into the systematic training process.
Structure and Content of Programme
The programme consists of eight modules and is delivered in a highly participative and practical manner through a combination of work based hours and classroom based hours. A range of learning methods and approaches will be used to promote the practical application of theoretical concepts covered.
Programme Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
• Outline the remit and span of the role of the Learning and Development specialist within a national and international organisation context
• Engage an strategic approach to learning and development activities
• Design, Select and deliver learning and development interventions to optimise participant learning and organisation impact
• Evaluate tangible and intangible impacts of learning and development activity
• Establish and run an effective coaching and mentoring systems in an organisation context
• Optimise the use of IT and social media in the delivery of the learning and development role
• Identify the emerging trends and challenges in the profession
• Devise a personal Continuous Development Plan based on a comprehensive self-assessment against professional standards and recognised skill sets in pursuit of lifelong development as a specialist.
Programme Assessment Process
The programme is assessed through a combination of practical individual and team assignments, essays, presentations, online discussion with peers, and work-based applications.
Normally, applicants for entry to the Diploma in Learning & Development Practice will be at least 21 years of age by 1 January of the year of application;
AND hold a Leaving Certificate/FETAC level 5 qualification or equivalent. (It is assumed that participants will have an underlying foundational working knowledge/experience within L&D and/or have at minimum a level 6 qualification in Learning & Development/Training or related area).
All applicants whose first language is not English must have attained IELTS Level 6 or the equivalent TOEFL score
Course Modules - Delivered Online
Module 1 - Learning & Development in Organisations (5 Credits) 1.5 lecture days + 12 work based hours
Module 2 - Positioning Learning & Development in Organisations (10 Credits) 6 Lecture Days
Module 3 - Designing Learning & Development Activities (10 Credits) 3 lecture days + 24 work based hours
Module 4 - Measuring the Effectiveness Learning & Development (5 Credits) 1 lecture day + 24 WBH
Exit Route – By completing the first 4 modules participants could exit with a Certificate at NFQ Level 7 (30 Credits)
Module 5 - Coaching & Mentoring in Organisations (10 Credits) 3 lecture days + 24 work based hours
Module 6 - IT and Social Media in Learning & Development (10 Credits) 3 lecture days + 24 work based hours
Module 7 - Contemporary Developments in Learning & Development (5 Credits) 2 lecture days + 12 WBH
Module 8 - Becoming a Learning & Development Specialist (5 Credits) 2 lecture days + 12 work based hours
Module 1: 1st & 2nd Oct 2021
Module 2: 15th & 16th Oct 2021
29th & 30th Oct 2021
12th & 13th Nov 2021
Module 3: 26th & 27th Nov 2021
3rd Dec 2021
Module 4 4th Dec 2021
Module 5: 7th & 8th Jan 2022
21st Jan 2022
Module 6: 4th, 5th & 19th Feb 2022
Module 7: 4th & 18th Mar 2022
Module 8: 8th & 16th Apr 2022
Full Diploma: Certificate:
€2450 (TLS Member Grant Funded Rate) €1650 (TLS Member Grant Funded Rate)
€2850 (Non TLS Members) €1850 (Non TLS Members)
Click here to apply
The programme will provide a progression route to either the H.Dip in HRD (level 8) or to the (Level 9) Masters in Organisational Development & Learning (coming soon).